Fool Proof Slime Mixture (we experimented and tried them all)
- Begin with 1 cup of cold water in a bowl you may add other ingredients such as food colouring at this stage
- Add 200ml of PVA glue (you may have t experiment with the PVA glue that works best for you)
- In a different bowl pour in 1 to 2 teaspoons of boric acid or sodium borate or bicarbonate soda (which ever you have access to)
- Stir until you cannot see the boric acid or sodium boric or bicarbonate soda mixture
- From your first bowl, pour in the cold water and food colouring mixture into the second bowl SLOWLY
- Knead it to get the right consistency and STICKINESS!
If you are using Borax please use gloves and wash your hands afterwards. Borax is corrosive. You may substitute for laundry starch or washing up liquid — Almat washing/bio gel in Aldi is fantastic in this mixture and CHEAP!
Alternative Slime Mixture 1
- Mix 1 cup of glue and 1 cup of water into a bowl
- Pour in 1/2 teaspoon of bicarbonate soda and food colouring,
- Tablespoon of saline (must include boric acid/sodium borate) or 1–2 teaspoons of boric acid/sodium borate
- Keep kneading until you have the right consistency and stickiness.
Tip: To make FLUFFIER add shaving foam (check with your regulations to ensure this is acceptable).
Alternative Slime Mixture 2
– Add in soap flakes and boiling water (warm water may also work)
– Stir continuously and then leave for 20 seconds
– Gradually add more water and keep kneading until you have a slime consistency.
Alternative Slime Mixture 3
Cornflour and water makes a fantastic 2 ingredient slime mix! It can take a while to get the right consistency
Edible Slime Mixture 4
1/4 of yogurt or Soya yoghurt if you have any allergies to dairy
1/2 cup of cornflour
Food dye (1 teaspoon max) and mix with yoghurt and gradually add the corn flour.
Alternative Slime Mixture 5
- PVA glue (200 ml)
- Shaving foam (1 cup)
- Bicarbonate soda or Landry starch
- Contact lens solution (Pharmacies/Boots/Walmart have inexpensive contact lens solution) ensure the solution you get has borax in it.
If your slime is not sticking together
- It could be the type of PVA glue you have used
- Use enough glue around 200–250 ml