Make your own bubbles
- You need a small bottle, some pipe cleaners and some detergent.
- Mix detergent in the bottle
- Shape pipe cleaner so that one end is a round circle.
- Dip pipe cleaner in water then blow gently.
Make your own icy poles
- Chop up some fruit and mix in a blender with water.
- Put fruit mixture in icy pole moulds
- Pop it in the freezer.
- Once frozen pop out of moulds and eat!
Do some gardening — Pot some plants
- Decorate some small pots
- Pop soil in the pots
- Put in a seed and watch it grow.
- Hide some ‘treasure’ (you decide) around the outdoor play area
- Get children in to pairs and give them clues as to where they can find the treasure.
- Each pair of children sets out to find as many treasures as they can
- Set up a tub outside with water.
- Give children some craft materials such as paper, corks, plastic bottles and lids etc
- Children using the materials have to make boats
- Then then test the boats in the water tub.
- Make a kite
- You will need 2 sticks, a plastic bag and some string.
- Take the two sticks and make a cross and then tie together.
- Cut the plastic bag to fit the frame of the kite. Tie the ends of the sail to the cross you have made with the sticks . No need to use glue or tape. Just keep the knots tight!
- Attach string in the middle of the cross and you are ready to fly
Make a paper plate frizz bee
- Get 2 paper plates
- Cut out the centre of the plates so that it looks like a halo
- Stick them together and decorate
- Have fun flying your frizz bee
Music water play
- You will need some plastic bottles and water.
- Fill the bottles with different levels of water and food colouring
- Bang each bottle to see what noise they make
- Experiment with changing the water levels to hear different sounds.
- Make a windsock
- Get a sheet of paper and roll into the shape of a tube.
- Get some coloured plastic bags or paper and cut into strips
- Tie these strips to the paper tube
- Place your windsock outside and watch to see where the wind is blowing.